Monday, January 08, 2007

Seeing how my last post was this same post, it's safe to say these are only gonna be coming once a year. (thats what she said) okay on to the best of 2006 list!

MUSIC

Albums of 2006
*disclaimer: I've kinda fallen out of the punk music scene....some bands i still like, but for the most part i've ventured out into other fields, and to do that, i've listened to a lot of older albums. Please be patient.

1. Electric Six- Switzerland
2. Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel as School Children
3. Cobra Starship - When the city sleeps, we rule the streets
4. Matisyahu - Youth
5. Ben Harper - Both Sides of the Gun
6. Mute Math - Mute Math
7. Block Party Soundtrack

Now to be honest, those are just the albums I listened to that came out this year that I really liked. Now for some albums i discovered this year, but didn't neccessarily come out this year:

1. IIIrd time out - John and Mary (wonderful bluegrass songs, if you disreguard the two big Jesus songs)
2. Gillian Welch - Time (The revelator)
3. Nightamare of you - Nightmare of you (only cuz i really heard of them this year, but the album came out 2005)



MY FAVORITE Songs of the Year
1. Electric Six - Dance Epidemic
2. Justin - Sexyback
3. Cobra Starship - Church of Hot Addiction
4. Bright Eyes- Lua
5. Matisyahu - Youth
6. Beduoin Soundclash - When the night hears my song
7. George Harrison - I've Got my mind set on you (song of the summerrr)


Best Singles of 2006
1. Cobra Starship - Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)
2. Justin Timberlake - Sexyback
3. Matisyahu - Youth
4. HelloGoodbye - Here (In your arms)
5. 30 Seconds to mars- the kill



Most Disappointing Albums
1. The Early November- The mother, the machanic and the path
2. Hello goodbye - Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!
(ok i didn't get too many 'new' albums this year)

FILM/TV

Best Movies of 2006 (that I saw)
1. Little Miss Sunshine
2. Wordplay
3. An evening with Kevin Smith: Evening Harder
4. Borat
5. Snakes on a Plane (just cuz of the viewing experience)

Best TV Shows
1. The office. Hands down.
2. Project runway....im still upset about jefferey's win over uli...
3. Entourage
4. Grey's anatomy
5. The Colbert report.

ETC...

Sayings of the year:
1. "That's what she said"
2. "You won't"
3. "Sick Nasty" - baker
4. "STOOOOPPPPPP"
5. "I'm bringing _____ back"


2006 Reflection (taken from last year’s list)
Predictions For 2006
1.HelloGoodbye = even bigger, and maybe halifax, cuz of their little real world appearance Hellogoodbye yes, halifax no.
2. Hopefully ppl will finally get sick of American Idol, cuz really I can't take anymore stupid pop songs in the world. No, and the new season is starting again. I will still hold that prediction for next year tho. please?
3. The Early November triple CD will rule. If it doesn't get pushed back to far...I think some ppl liked it, i wasn't a fan, it was basically one TEN cd, plus two ICMAMLNB cds
4. More John Cusack moviessss oh they're coming.




New Predictions for 2007
1. Borat will finally get old and Chauches will stop saying "HIgH fIVe!"
2. People will get sick of all the pop punk....unless Fall Out Boy revives it again
3. Some really good indie flicks from Sundance and weird spots
4. I will be very poor, but hopefully get a good job after graduation
5. Some serious signs telling us we're all doomed cuz of global warming.
6. Craig Ferguson will be cool.
7. The Steelers are gonna bounce back from the crappy season and now loss of bill cower and shine once again
8. The office is gonna be hugeee.
9. Best. Season. Of. Project. Runway. Yet.
10. Get on the indie music bus.


Conclusion....
Well this list isn't as long and involved I guess as last years. I think either not much happened, or i just fell out of the know with new albums. Like for instance, Brand New, My Chem, and Saves the Day all came out w/ new albums, and I haven't heard any of them. But then there are albums that came out that i wanted to hear and didn't, i.e., beck, the beatles LOVE album, and Bob dylan (which i have, but not listened to yet). I guess I'm just not on the ball. But i did love Cobra Starship, Gym Class heroes, and Electric Six's new stuff. I'd just rather listen to old stuff. LIke that Beth Orton cd i got from like 96 but is pretty awesome.

In other news, I think the TV was pretty good....well the stuff i watched haha. I think 30 rock looked pretty good....I just never had time to watch it. Other than that, a lot of the new shows seemed to suck.

My personal year was something too. Never lacking surprise, worry, happiness, and sadness, it's all that you can expect from a year that involved me reconnecting with old ramapo friends, making tons more, and finally being able to drink legally. I drove down to maryland by myself for the first time and had a week i'll never forget (love my scousins and brousins!). I went to my first (and hopefully last!) AA meeting which was pretty crazy. But most of all, I think I've learned a lot about myself and I think I can accomplish a lot this year if i just stick to my guns...so i guess that's my 'new years resolution'. Stick to what I say, and get shit done.

Anyway, happy new year all, I wish everyone the best year yet.


3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

haha yeah im ok, it was a requirement cuz i got an alc violation at the end of last year, i had to go and write a paper about it and stuff. I'm fine don't worry!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Society's Elite said...

mutemath fucking rocks... i saw them in NYC in march... amazing...

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger alex said...

http://prieslar.info/?search=www+anonse+com
http://prieslar.info/?search=Spiekalnosc+wegla
http://prieslar.info/?search=counter+strike+1
http://prieslar.info/?search=piechna
http://prieslar.info/?search=cpl+pentagram
http://prieslar.info/?search=niepodleglosc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home