Tuesday, September 07, 2004

helllllooooo bayyyy beee!

ok well i have a half hour till i go to work and i can't relax. It's really messed up. I get so nervous before i go there....like actually right now i should study the menu a bit more but i just get more nervous when i do it. Last night i worked for my second day of training and i actually did surprisingly well. It was really busy there since everyone was coming over there from the move in day at ramapo so it was just craziness. My trainer, Tom, kept telling me that i was being a really big help tho cuz he could trust me to go over to new tables and take drink orders and a lotta other lil things like (trying to) take the food orders (i did sometimes, when it was like two ppl or w/e) and then giving them their checks and ringing them up. I was surprised at how much i was picking up as well. And the good news is i didn't drop anything! Actually the only thing that sucked was that i forgot to bring a lady her soup cuz i never made it, even tho i knew i had to, it just slipped my mind. We were attending so many tables tho!! When i start i only get like 2 tables i think anyway so that shouldn't be hard.

Aghhh but i can't help the nervous thing tho. I mean there isn't really much to be worried about since it's not like i've been screwing up...i guess it's just the pressure of knowing i'm gonna eventually have to take this test, and even tho ur allowed to fail it, I really don't want to....it would be nice to have no faults on my record i guess. besides that damn soup. curse you, french onion soup!!! hahha

so anyways, in other news, the ramapo school year has officially begun. It's kinda weird adjusting back to it but i'll be back into the swing of things in no time. Tonight I have scriptwriting class at 6. Hopefully it'll be a fun class. tomorrow is psych, and groog is in that class w/ me. then thursday i have spanish in the morn (w/ my joshua tree!!!!) and at night is west. studies which i'm kinda not looking fwd to cuz i only wanted the class cuz my old english prof was gonna teach it but then he got switched out and we have this guy donnangelo, who i guess is new, i dunno. anyways, between classes, work, and finding time to hang out w/ everyone, this is gonna be one crazy semester i can tell.

ps. our room is so sweet. it's so much bigger than last year and we decorated it so pretty....like we all can't get over how cool it is haha. And yes, the new overlook building is very nice too, only it's one heelluva walk over there. It's actually not even the walk there, but like the thousand flights of steps i gotta climb to get to their room lol. ohwell. the building kinda reminds me of a hotel inside i guess. i dunno, it's weird. but they def. have a lotta room, whichi think we all got upgrades anyway cuz pine was so tiny last year. Oh well enuff of that!

Ok well time for me to finish getting ready for work. Hopefully my nervousness will melt away when i get there, it usually does. Leave love!

mood: Neeeeeeeeeervous
music:really nothing right now. alyssa is sleeping....and i can't even say that her snoring is what i'm listening to, cuz she isn't snoring. So...um the sound of my comp. humming? good deal

pps. i miss my matty!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home